This strategic plan, published by the Synthetic Biology Leadership Council (SBLC), aims to accelerate the commercialisation of synthetic biology products and services with clear public benefit, building upon the strength of the UK research base. It focuses on five key areas of strategic importance:
- Accelerating industrialisation and commercialisation
- Maximising the capability of the innovation pipeline
- Building an expert workforce
- Developing a supportive business environment, and
- Building value from national and international partnerships.