Latest Publications in Synthetic Biology
- Synthetic Botany
- An international team of researchers from University of Cambridge, The IBM Place, Signapore and The Earlham Institute in Norwich recently published a paper in the journal Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology that sought to highlight new approaches to the DNA-based manipulation of plants and advanced quantitative imaging, in order to further the rational engineering of plant traits.
- Open Innovation with Large Bioresources: Goals, Challenges and Proposals
- This report is from a Cambridge Workshop on the openness of large bioresources in synthetic biology and genomics (e.g. the 100,000 Genomes Project), held on 28 January 2016.
- Artificial symmetry-breaking for morphogenetic engineering bacterial colonies
- An international team of researchers from University of Cambridge, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and Stanford University recently published a paper in ACS Synthetic Biology that sought to apply synthetic biology approaches to the engineering of morphologies in multicellular systems.
- Complex design practices: learning from Synthetic Biology and Swarm Robotics
- Dr Chih-Chun Chen and Dr Nathan Crilly investigate the premise that design and engineering principles can be applied to biological entities and ask what synthetic biology could learn from and contribute to other groups tackling complex design problems
- Characterization of Intrinsic Properties of Promoters
- Characterization of Intrinsic Properties of Promoters Timothy J. Rudge, James R. Brown, Fernan Federici, Neil Dalchau, Andrew Phillips, James W. Ajioka, and Jim Haseloff ACS Synthetic Biology 2016 5 (1), 89-98 DOI: 10.1021/acssynbio.5b00116