May 06, 2017
from 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
|Where||Makespace Classroom, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1RX .|
|Contact Name||Jenny Molloy/Andrew Balmer|
|Add event to calendar||
Science Makers is a monthly event to discuss and build low-cost, DIY and open hardware for science and education. All are welcome for the talks, making or both!
There will also be a special activity session for children aged 8+, so feel free to bring your child(ren)!*
• Dr Gareth Rees on sensing plant spectra in the Arctic and artistic collaborations around colour.
• Prof Jim Haseloff on biological pigments and coloured proteins
• Olimpia Onelli on structural colour in G. Viridula beetles and biomimetics
• How to set up an Arduino and program a sensor
• How LEDs and colour sensors works
• Build an open source colorimeter
• Put together a fluorescent spectrometer
• Children's making activity TBC
12:00 - Arrival and introductions
12:15 - Talks and discussion
13:30 - Pizza (£4 suggested donation)
14:00 - Making!
* Children must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.